Start Writing

It's Back On: Disney and Fox Resume Talks About 21st Century Fox Assets

ZachPerilstein ZachPerilstein Disney Reporter Oh boy Disney may be seriously chasing a Fox.

The Walt Disney Company and 21st Century Fox have resumed talks about Disney potentially buying assets from their film and television divisions. Comcast is still very interested in 21st Century Fox's assets.

Fox is interested in selling off 20th Century Fox film and TV studio, the FX Networks and National Geographic cable group, Fox's 30% stake in Hulu, and international TV platforms.

The combined value of the assets would be $45.8 billion. According to industry analysts. 20th Century Fox film and TV division is valued solely at $15 billion. The potential deal would give Disney way more assets.

The deal for Disney would result in X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four and Avatar all coming into the Disney fold. Other assets from the film and TV division would give Disney new franchises to play with. If Disney bought Fox's asset they would own 60% of Hulu sharing the other 40% with Comcast (30%) and Time Warner (10%).

It will be interesting to see if the deal gets done. Like I have previously mentioned I don't see the deal happening but it would definitely add more excitement to the current Mouse House news. In my personal opinion I wish Disney would just buy their comic-book assets and Avatar (A franchise that is now showcased in their theme parks). The comic-book assets would help their already strong Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Cultjer will follow the Disney/21st Century Fox deal as more information becomes available.

Posted in Walt Disney Pictures,

ZachPerilstein ZachPerilstein Disney Reporter

read more or join